Yep Another Project 91 9000 - Page 18 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > General 9000 Posts and Information

General 9000 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Saab 9000.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2015, 03:18 AM   #341
Avid TSL User

Hey just a update: Sunday it was real nice (36 out lol) and was able to get about 90% of the wiring tucked and routed and put where it needs to go. This week ill be hanging my make shift exhaust until taxes come and then have Sam finch make a real one. The car fires over and idles were just waiting from a break from this 18 deportee weather to wrap it all up. Ill keep everyone posted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #342
Elder

Wow havent updated this in quite awhile, my brother and I have had quite a few ups and downs with the car since the last post. We had to replace the headgasket again because the head bolts never got torqued down properly before the engine fired for the first time, this resulted in water in the oil. I also discover there was no oil pressure relief valve! Only the spring was there! So far I havent noticed any bad oil pressure readings but Im still holding my breath. My two biggest problems right now is that the throttle cable seems too short. Once the cable is layed into the throttle bracket it pulls it open like 3/4 of the way. I found this out when the first time the engine fired (remember the head bolts?) and the engine screamed to 5k. Secondly we seemed to have lost our elect. diagram book and I need to find a source of switch 12v for the engine harness to use.

Cliff notes
Need source of switched 12v for engine harness
throttle cable too short?

Thanks for all the help guys. Every day we get one step closer and the light at the end of the tunnel is on the horizon.

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #343
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I just picked up a 1993 9k engine, if that oil check valve will work for you it's yours for free.
Any chance you have a throttle cable for a TCS car installed in there? That's the only one I know to be shorter (pivot point for the pedal is also different for a TCS car and does not give enough "throw" to use full range of a manual throttle)

Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #344
Avid TSL User

I'd be able to check if the car came from factory with tcs thru the VIN correct? But I don't think that's the issue as it reached fine when the original motor was in there
Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #345
TSLMember

to find switched 12v just do trial and error poking wires/pins with a $5 test light.

you can lengthen throttle cable using a swaging tool from home depot. just crimp on additional cable (which home depot sells cable in various thicknesses and crimps). I was able to keep my TCS throttle cable when I deleted TCS by doing that.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #346
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi View Post
to find switched 12v just do trial and error poking wires/pins with a $5 test light.

you can lengthen throttle cable using a swaging tool from home depot. just crimp on additional cable (which home depot sells cable in various thicknesses and crimps). I was able to keep my TCS throttle cable when I deleted TCS by doing that.
And you now never get a "wide open throttle" because the pivot point is higher on the tcs pedal assembly and cannot provide sufficient throw to run through the full range of the throttle valve. NBD, but you're leaving quite a bit of performance on the table
Old 05-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #347
TSLMember

i have a non-TCS pedal. i'm talking about the cable only. i can assure you i'm geting full throttle. if you don't believe me we can race sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriks1 View Post
And you now never get a "wide open throttle" because the pivot point is higher on the tcs pedal assembly and cannot provide sufficient throw to run through the full range of the throttle valve. NBD, but you're leaving quite a bit of performance on the table
Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #348
Avid TSL User

Hey guys tiny update I bought a 97 cse motor and trans with 160xxx wait to regather some funds for a new clutch kit and trying to track down a genuine slave. Will update in a few weeks.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #349
WSW
Elder

Old 02-27-2017, 06:30 AM   #350
Elder

Any update on the louver hardware? lol I need some myself for my 86' 9000
for your repair needs
Old 02-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #351
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I would really like your front bumper. If your in the New England area, can I make a mold of it so I can make one for my 92?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.