1992 9000 - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > General 9000 Posts and Information

General 9000 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Saab 9000.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
Nice to see a 9k project moving along

I wouldn't say it's moving along, hahah. Slowly but surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Hope you swap over the 19t and all the other goodies
You know it's going on over. Who put the 19t on it? Curious to see how it stacks up to the white Aero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner4life View Post
Great work! This will be super nice when you get it done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
That looks like a lot of work! Good luck with your build.
Thanks guys!! Yeah, it's a lot of work. Definitely will be worth it in the end though. Labor of love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
-2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Last edited by Troup; 12-15-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #22
WSW
Elder

Previous owner Joe Donovan

Worked at a porsche shop, that Aero pulled ass with the 19t and the custom tune
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #23

Did some prepping for the motor swap today. Ready to transplant everything in the morning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear

Old 01-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #24

I have the wiring harness from the 94 "in" the gray 9000. Not in any installed fashion.

I also have the Mark II brake booster from the 94 installed in the 92 now. My original plan was to salvage all matching brake lines from the 94, but they are all rusted and I had to damage alot of the fittings to get them loose.

At this point, I'd rather run all new lines.

Does anyone have any suggestions for material, cost, etc?

If anyone knows the specs of the fittings, that'd be helpful also.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Old 01-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #25

Got the B234R and matching transmission over into the 92 today.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #26

The TD04 is going to need a rebuild, which kind of surprises me.

Only things left to pull from the green aero are the intercooler, sunroof, and Maptun lowering springs

Still would love some technical info on the brake lines if anyone has any.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Old 01-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #27
Avid TSL User

Probably better to leave the 92's brake lines in place and fabricate an adapter to the newer non-TCS brake pump. On TCS 9000s, the pump has 4 outlets, because each brake is individually controlled from the pump. On non-TCS 9000s, the pump has only 3 outlets, because the rear brakes share a line from the pump and split somewhere further back.

I dont have any specs I'm afraid. Jordan Pagano at eEuro fabricated an adapter and the non-TCS brake system works flawlessly. Not sure what else will have to be swapped to make this work...might have to use a 1993 ABS ECU to be compatible with the rest of your 1992 engine management system...someone else should confirm this though. I mention this because, when installing a TCS defeat switch on a 1992 9000 you need an ABS ecu from either a 1993 9000 CSE Turbo or a 1993 9000 Aero.

Of course if you're performing a T5 swap/TCS delete at the same time, you probably wont have to worry about compatibility. Again, there are far more knowledgeable people on this subject; maybe they will chime in here.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daven View Post
Probably better to leave the 92's brake lines in place and fabricate an adapter to the newer non-TCS brake pump. On TCS 9000s, the pump has 4 outlets, because each brake is individually controlled from the pump. On non-TCS 9000s, the pump has only 3 outlets, because the rear brakes share a line from the pump and split somewhere further back.

I dont have any specs I'm afraid. Jordan Pagano at eEuro fabricated an adapter and the non-TCS brake system works flawlessly. Not sure what else will have to be swapped to make this work...might have to use a 1993 ABS ECU to be compatible with the rest of your 1992 engine management system...someone else should confirm this though. I mention this because, when installing a TCS defeat switch on a 1992 9000 you need an ABS ecu from either a 1993 9000 CSE Turbo or a 1993 9000 Aero.

Of course if you're performing a T5 swap/TCS delete at the same time, you probably wont have to worry about compatibility. Again, there are far more knowledgeable people on this subject; maybe they will chime in here.
I like this idea.

This is a 92, and it definitely had TCS. But I only have one brake line running to the back that splits. if it had 4, that'd be ideal, because that's how the Mark II booster is set up.

ABS was non - functional on the donor car, so that's a whole other issue Ill have to address. I'm pretty certain that the brake wiring and computer is all separate from the main ECU and harness. so, ill keep the 94 Aero ABS and figure out what was causing the malfunction.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Old 01-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #29

A buddy and I did a rebuild on the 19t. It has a billet compressor wheel!

I had the lines for the turbo and wastegate sandblasted. I'm going to have them powdercoated when I decide on a color.

I had the green car junked -- sad day. Pretty much got every usable bit possible. It's riding on lumber springs in the rear.

I got the Maptun lowering springs swapped in the front. I did not do the rears yet. It already rides pretty low in the rear. Gave her a much needed bath.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Old 01-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #30
Elder

Looking good. This is one of the most interesting builds going on the saab forums right now. Keep the updates coming.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
Looking good. This is one of the most interesting builds going on the saab forums right now. Keep the updates coming.
Thanks !!! I've slowed down since I dumped the green aero and started school back.

Ill do my best to get back at it this weekend.

-1992 9000
-1994 9000 Aero
-2002 9-5 Linear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.