Saab Combi MANUAL trans - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 98-09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #41
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Where can you get VXR wheels in 5x110 in the states?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #42
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Where can you get VXR wheels in 5x110 in the states?
I found a link or two to places in the US besides eBay. But so far, I don't want to spend $725 on reps, I would spend $600-650. The eBay UK auctions are 500-$580 BINs, just gotta get shipping quotes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #43
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
I had 18's with RFTs and then 19s, your def of running like crap is very different than mine. And I find the VXR which is an OEM wheel is the opposite of trying to hard lol.
lol.

Clearly different enviroments are at play here... You simply could not survive my commute on 18's. I have a free guest room available if you wish to try. Us Vermont boys would get a good laugh when you are spitting out your fillings. I put my SPG down to 15's from 16's, VI9000Z did the same... dropped all my 17's to 16's...
But yeah, those VXR wheels look like you pooled all your birthday money and borrowed 300$ from your step-dad.

What are VXRs oem on ? I've never seen them before. I cannot fathom how those rubber band tires and undersized brakes look cool.

Love you all

Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #44
Elder

Oh, I forgot that you stopped by PayDay Advance to get the rest of the money for tires to go on the VXR's... Better pay your step dad back first though.

Just having some fun.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #45
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Vermont roads are really that bad? After this winter I am definitely doing some mad pothole avoidance in MA.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #46
Elder

VXR wheels were on Euro Opel's making them rare in the US.

I lived in Detroit for years. Are you really claiming VT has worse roads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
lol.

Clearly different enviroments are at play here... You simply could not survive my commute on 18's. I have a free guest room available if you wish to try. Us Vermont boys would get a good laugh when you are spitting out your fillings. I put my SPG down to 15's from 16's, VI9000Z did the same... dropped all my 17's to 16's...
But yeah, those VXR wheels look like you pooled all your birthday money and borrowed 300$ from your step-dad.

What are VXRs oem on ? I've never seen them before. I cannot fathom how those rubber band tires and undersized brakes look cool.

Love you all

Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #47
Elder

I would normally pass on a 5 spoke but I have a thing for these Audi wheels.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #48
Elder

I had a PDR guy with skills come to the house today. Each rear door had a nasty dent and there was about 15 small ones in the hood. All gone! Car is really shaping up.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #49
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Looks great, I need to do this.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #50
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Quote:
I lived in Detroit for years. Are you really claiming VT has worse roads?
Wellll, considering Vermont has 8000 miles of dirt roads, and only 6000 miles of paved roads (including the two main Interstates), and the paved roads we have are bombed out beyond belief. Then yes. VT has some of the worst roads around.

I've bent multiple sets of OEM SAAB 17's over the years, and I am very careful to avoid the nasty stuff. We generally have a month of frost heaves that will literally break cars. I see shattered oil pans, destroyed ball joints, broken springs. I saw a brand new Kia on the side of the road last month. Entire front strut dangling after hitting a particularly nasty heave.

I run 16's year round on the Sport Combi, and 16's on the '99 in the winter/spring. The 17's are for summer use and I pick my routes with care. The roads can be so bad that between the tramlining and the potholes, I'm all over the road like a labrador on acid. Whenever I go to visit my in-laws in MD, I'm in utter disbelief at how beautiful the roads are. I used to think PA had bad roads, until I moved to VT.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #51
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
Wellll, considering Vermont has 8000 miles of dirt roads, and only 6000 miles of paved roads (including the two main Interstates), and the paved roads we have are bombed out beyond belief. Then yes. VT has some of the worst roads around.

I've bent multiple sets of OEM SAAB 17's over the years, and I am very careful to avoid the nasty stuff. We generally have a month of frost heaves that will literally break cars. I see shattered oil pans, destroyed ball joints, broken springs. I saw a brand new Kia on the side of the road last month. Entire front strut dangling after hitting a particularly nasty heave.

I run 16's year round on the Sport Combi, and 16's on the '99 in the winter/spring. The 17's are for summer use and I pick my routes with care. The roads can be so bad that between the tramlining and the potholes, I'm all over the road like a labrador on acid. Whenever I go to visit my in-laws in MD, I'm in utter disbelief at how beautiful the roads are. I used to think PA had bad roads, until I moved to VT.
So what your saying is stay out of VT? :P

The damage you describe with cars along the side of the road applies to Detroit too. Dirt roads, not so much. More like houses turned to rubble spilling into the streets and the need to dodge crack heads making drug deals.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #52
Elder

Quote:
So what your saying is stay out of VT? :P

The damage you describe with cars along the side of the road applies to Detroit too. Dirt roads, not so much. More like houses turned to rubble spilling into the streets and the need to dodge crack heads making drug deals.
Yeah, I'm sure Detroit proper has crumbling infrastructure. Either way, running 35 or 45 series tires sucks around here. It makes me regret lowering the car and putting the Konis on every March.

The wagon looks great, BTW! What did the dent removal run you?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #53
Elder

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure Detroit proper has crumbling infrastructure. Either way, running 35 or 45 series tires sucks around here. It makes me regret lowering the car and putting the Konis on every March.

The wagon looks great, BTW! What did the dent removal run you?
$240 with tip for 3 panels, but 20+ small dings on the hood.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #54
Elder

^Not bad! Thanks! I have a few small dents in the rear hatch on of the Combi that I'd love to get smoothed out. Maybe one or two small door dings too, less expensive than I thought it would be.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #55
Elder

I start a new job next week which is 45 miles each way so doing a bit more to get the car solid. This week replacing the check valve(vac leak) and throwing on a new serp belt and idler pulley.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #56
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
I start a new job next week which is 45 miles each way so doing a bit more to get the car solid. This week replacing the check valve(vac leak) and throwing on a new serp belt and idler pulley.
Nice. I don't remember, but is your car short belted from the factory? (2006+ cost cutting )

Quote:
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #57
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Nice. I don't remember, but is your car short belted from the factory? (2006+ cost cutting )
LOL.

I can't tell, because I went to pop the hood but grabbed my flimsy '06+ inner door grab and it broke off, so I am fixing that now. *

Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #58
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
LOL.

I can't tell, because I went to pop the hood but grabbed my flimsy '06+ inner door grab and it broke off, so I am fixing that now. *
Ha, nice. I need to do my idlers and belt. So let me know what you order.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #59
Elder

Quote:
^Not bad! Thanks! I have a few small dents in the rear hatch on of the Combi that I'd love to get smoothed out. Maybe one or two small door dings too, less expensive than I thought it would be.
I can arrange that for you, probably around $100. GREAT PDR Guy, does ALL our cars.

Vermont roads are horrendous. Good for the car repair business! Bad for my own cars!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #60
Elder

I have been PILING miles on this thing going back and forth between MI and Nj while we close on the house. I am over 120k already.

Stock/original suspension takes away a lot of fun.

Luckily I scored new in box Koni yellows front and rear at a GREAT price local to me.

I have the B&G springs sitting around.

Now I just need poly, rear sway bar, and wear items like strut mounts and maybe steering components and balljoints. I basically want everything wear related front and rear redone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.