Saab Combi MANUAL trans - Page 20 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 98-09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2017, 03:46 AM   #381
Elder

wow $3k for that is quite a deal. That's also a nice bit of driving for a return trip.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 05:12 AM   #382
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Did he have the same middle name as you, Jewy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:09 AM   #383
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
wow $3k for that is quite a deal. That's also a nice bit of driving for a return trip.

I paid, less, $2900 with tags, taxes etc. Its more like $2550. You cannot find an '08+ Combi in anywhere near this condition for anywhere near this price in the entire country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Did he have the same middle name as you, Jewy?
Maybe.

I actually find most with my last name are not Jews at all. It's very German. Plenty of Germans with the name but no Jewy blood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:14 AM   #384
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #385
Elder

2000 - 2001 Saab 9-5 Sliding Load Floor 0278366 | eBay

maybe you'd like another accessory
Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #386
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
Not at that price, also dont know if it would fit an '06+

This is another rare one.
NEW OE rare Saab 9-5 Cargomax storage 99-09 wagons 0294257 | eBay

Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #387
Elder

yeah, I saw that too. But honestly who would want that thing blocking prime cargo space?
Old 03-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #388
Elder

The '09s HIDs are amazing.

I now want them for the 9-5.

Any reason why they wouldn't be plug and play? A decent used set is about $500.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #389
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
I don't think the 9-5 ones do cornering, if that matters. And there is a little bit more to it besides just the headlamps. there are the level sensors for auto-leveling. I've been wanting to just throw in an H7 kit from TRFS.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #390
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
I don't think the 9-5 ones do cornering, if that matters. And there is a little bit more to it besides just the headlamps. there are the level sensors for auto-leveling. I've been wanting to just throw in an H7 kit from TRFS.
So you're saying not worth the effort and not plug and play? The cornering I dont really care about.

Got a link to the H7 kit?

Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #391
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I have never been that impressed with 2002-2005 9-5 HID projectors. Converted a handful of cars back and fourth between halogen and HID, not sure if the newer cars are any different.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #392
srp
Elder

This is the one I was contemplating. Looks like the price recently dropped. Use to be over $200.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/al...ect_restrict=1

I think there may be something that needs to be done to the bulb check relay.

Last edited by srp; 03-10-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #393
srp
Elder

I think this is it, even though this is an NG900/OG9-3 thread: http://www.saablink.net/forum/766843-post93.htm

But also may not be necessary with the canbus harness.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #394
Elder

Hey Jameson, when you were over at Miracle Autosport did you walk around at all? They have a few MB that may be fun to own. If you checked anything else out while you were there let me know.

BTW how is the engine treating you? Were you able to jam that larger intake pipe in there?
Old 03-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #395
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Hey Jameson, when you were over at Miracle Autosport did you walk around at all? They have a few MB that may be fun to own. If you checked anything else out while you were there let me know.

BTW how is the engine treating you? Were you able to jam that larger intake pipe in there?
They had a lot of nice stuff there. The key is the owner, Eric, he is a total car guy and buys things he likes himself. I would love an excuse to buy another car from him.

The solution for the intake pipe is to take the eBay T25 adapter I bought, cut it in half, put it around the GS pipes turbo inlet and weld it back together. This will have the adapter sandwich and bolt down the lip of the GS inlet. I am going to have it done at the same shop that is going to weld in the bung of the wideband. Then comes a trip to the dyno and then some E85 tuning.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #396
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
They had a lot of nice stuff there. The key is the owner, Eric, he is a total car guy and buys things he likes himself. I would love an excuse to buy another car from him.
I will need to stop there when I am back in town

Quote:
The solution for the intake pipe is to take the eBay T25 adapter I bought, cut it in half, put it around the GS pipes turbo inlet and weld it back together. This will have the adapter sandwich and bolt down the lip of the GS inlet. I am going to have it done at the same shop that is going to weld in the bung of the wideband.
Good to know you have the pipe sorted ( with a little work it seems)

Quote:
Then comes a trip to the dyno and then some E85 tuning.
That is much interest for me
Old 03-21-2017, 06:08 AM   #397
Elder

The 9-5 is no longer an outdoor car.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #398
Elder

Awesome.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #399
Elder

I have a lot of organizing to do. I am also painting the walls gloss white, having the floors epoxied(home kits suck, pro's give you a 3yr warranty) and putting up some LEDs.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #400
Elder

Did you ever find a dealer sign?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.