Saab Link Forums banner

Does anyone have the VIN of a recalled DIC?

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  raquettelaker2 
#1 ·
Saab USA is trying to screw me out of a new DIC because my VIN doesnt apply, but it looks like i have a DIC out of a recalled car. they are giving me a bogus story about the part not being covered just the part. anyone have the vin from a wrecked car or something that is part of the recall? if this is unethical then a mod needs to delete this.

#3 ·
i feel your pain....

i think i have a di that should of been recalled myself but my vehicle does not fall underneath the parameters. i think they don't want to just give them up personally i am going only by what a guy told me on the phone. Maybe i would of felt better if i could of seen the compu screen myself that he was reading from.

#6 ·
1999 MY not covered and the recall is specific as to what cars in what years somehow. Basically - unless IRIS says your car is due on the recall - you're not getting one. It sucks - but there isn't anything you can do unless your car is under warranty still.
Best bet - find a friend who's car is under warranty and trade him your old failing DI and he can get a new one for you that way.... but some call that fraud.

#7 ·
Saab isn't screwing you. The recall applies to CARS, not the part directly. A lot of 1999 9-5's had the SAME DI cassette number as the later models that were recalled, but either less people reported the problem or not as many of them failed, so Saab wasn't required to include the 1999's. Just buy a new one. I got a brand new TK3.7c on eBay for $150 shipped to me in May.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.