Saab Link Forums banner

Car Update

736 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  justin.graeff 
#1 ·
Well, it's been a few weeks since I bought the '00 9-5 Aero so I thought I would give you guys an update with some pics, comments, and concerns. First off, the pics of the car! I snapped some shots of the bilsteins that came on the car. I love the handling with these bad boys.

Lookin' good? While I was up north the Fuel pump died, so I towed it home and payed the dealership $856.00 to fix it. Oh well. I had the exhaust fixed along with the A/C recharged. I also changed the vacuum lines throughout as they were really bad. I then noticed that the Idle was a little rough sometimes after accelerating and clutching so I changed out the Crank Position sensor, but it didn't help that. It did seem to help with the smoothness of acceleration and overall driving. I still do have the idle issue though. I also ordered a few PCV parts off Eeuroparts to replace. Next time I am in the dealership for an oil change, I am going to have them drop the oil pan and check it, Change some PCV hoses, and look at the rough idle. I may also try and clean out the throttle later this week.

When I was changing the Crank Position Sensor this week, I took off the heat shield and had a look at the turbo. Now, the Aero is supposed to have the TD-04, right? For some reason, my turbo looks small.

Does that look like the TD-04 to you? My old Saab has the T25 I think and for some reason, it looks almost bigger. Do you think the turbo was replaced with a smaller one? I guess I don't really know.

Also, I have the two rust spots on each end of the Rear arch, so I was thinking of taking it to Macco and seeing what they would do about it. It's just surface rust so I am thinking it shouldn't take much. I don't really want them to repaint the whole rear panel but I don't know what the best route is for fixing it. What do you guys think? I will try and snap some pics of the rust for you.

Speaking of the Crank Position Sensor, I tried doing it with the exhaust still attached, and I just couldn't do it. I ended up having to drop the exhaust and it made it 1000 times easier.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the idle issue? Maybe the turbo? Like the car guys?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.