Saab Link Forums banner

ChrisCam84's Oil Pan Adventure!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  1998TurboSaab 
#1 ·
So, before Carlisle I dropped my oil pan (had the exhaust off waiting for my JT exhaust that never came).

Here's what I found:

Not bad after 102,500 miles!

Just a small amount of debris on the pickup screen, nothing to be concerned with.

Looks like a brand new engine to me!

Squeaky Clean!

A little brake cleaner and we're back in action!

Oil Pickup screen nice and clean!

Nobody told me that little $20 tube of anarobic sealant was good for 4-5 oil pans, so I gobbed it on!

That stuff is SO hard to squeeze out of the tube, I cut the opening WAY too big. Oh well, I flushed the engine with cheap oil afterwards, and that sealant stays soluble in oil.

I repaired the old exhaust (cut out the middle flex and resonator and spliced in a straight piece of pipe.

See less See more
#11 ·
you mean you DONT have JT exaust YET?????

didnt you order that like 3 years ago?
I didn't tell you? They sent me the wrong $!@#ing exhaust! They sent me a 9000 exhaust. So I already sent the JT back to GS and bought a used GS 3" stainless downpipe at Carlisle. I'm in talks to buy a Swedish Dynamics SS cat-back right now.

I hope mine is that nice and clean inside. Nice work
Thanks! I'm sure yours will be fine!

thats really clean
what kind of oil are you using?
Mobil 1 every 3500-4000miles since I've owned it (bought it with 39k, has 103k now). The dealer history showed oil changes every 5-7k with Mobil 1.

what is the purpose of this thread christopher
What's the purpose of this post, Enron?

Ohh god your not still driving the camry are you?
Oh God no!

Chris: looks great, thats what some good tlc will get you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.