Saab Link Forums banner

What to look for when buying a slightly used 9-5

797 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  01amberfirewv 
#1 ·
I am pretty sure I am going to buy a 9-5 in the next few weeks. I have a local dealer who I have dealt with in the past that can find me one but I need to know what to tell him to look (or look out) for in the car. I definitely want an 06 or new and it has to have a manual transmission. I would also like the sport package but have noticed that most dealers do not list it on newer 9-5's. Is there an easy way to identify the sport package? Are there any other options that I should have him look for or avoid? Thanks for any help you can give

#2 ·
Well if your looking for one that has the aero motor in it go to the 8th digit from the left and it should be a G indicating the car has the B235R motor in, as for the sport package most of them had two tone leather interior, xenons, and backup sensors, but were not badged aero on the back but still had the motor. Hope this helps

#3 ·
I am actualy looking at the 06 and up models which I think only have two options (correct me if I am wrong). I believe you can get a sports package (lower springs and better seats) and a vision package (Xenons). The dealer who is going to locate one for me takes a mechanic to look things over but I doubt they would be able to tell if it has the sports package. I really like the seats and a lower stance would be nice so I would definitely like the sports pack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.