Saab Link Forums banner

A/C Condenser and Radiator Replacement

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jssaab 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this? Pics would be great

#2 ·
Yeah I just replaced the condensor( and previously pulled the radiator to put in thte drop in IC) but fior the condesor I pulled the entire front end off ( since it was busted) No pics. You can probably pull it out fromt eh bottom but you need to be careful when putting th enew on back in as not to damage it.

It is a pretty straight forward and the hoses are a nice o-ring seal job, no problmes with the threads or whatnot.

Radiator was way easy remove the fan, hoses and press down on teh rond black plastic retaining cliops in teh radiator support and tilt it out, it drops inot the lower supprot where two holes hold teh pins on the bottom.

Also a note I had a bear of a time trying to get an aftermarket condesor that woudl be a match ofr the stock unit ( one looked about the same, but it was not curved. It woudl probably go but the snorkle for the intake ( if you care about that ) woudl not fit. If you want to go chaep and you use a open intake I got it here( but I think you need the earlier one):

http://www.allacparts.com/air-conditioning/condensers-7192.php

THey were really nice when I told them it was not a match.

#3 ·
Thanks. I am guessing that I could remove the driere from the one I have currently and just reattach it to the new condenser right? The one I order didn't come with the drier. I know that the condenser itself is leaking, should have had just order the condenser with the drier instead of without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.