Saab Link Forums banner

CPO Whats NOT covered?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Saab99Super 
#1 ·
I have CPO on my 9-5

What is not covered.. because my dealer is replacing pretty much everything.. today they are replacing my leather driver seat.. i swore this wouldnt be covered but they are covering it..They also replaced my fuel pump recently which another dealer told me is not covered..

#3 ·
You would have to look at your warranty contract to tell for sure, be sure to bring your business lawyer...

They probably don't know for sure, and neither would anyone else :lol: just keep taking it to the dealer who fixed the most things for you. Most dealers don't like doing warranty work because it pays so poorly. Why work for pennies on the dollar performing warranty work when they can be charging $90+ an hour doing anything else? That would be why so many things "aren't covered"... Especially at busy dealers. They just don't want to do em.

#6 ·
My service manager told me while my car was under Certification that Saab's CPO program actually fully reimburses them just as if I was paying for the repairs. Hence why they are pretty willing to replace things.

Where did you heard that they get paid pennies on the dollar?

#4 ·
Audio systems are not covered and obvious wear and tear items, brakes, tires etc.

I actually just did a leather seat skin in a '04 Arc with CPO.

Other than that, CPO pretty well covers everything.

#7 ·
They only way I could see they would be getting paid considerably less for warranty work compared to regular service is if they decided to raise labor costs but failed to report to Saab the required material that's needed to raise your warranty labor rate.

I know that at one point we were getting paid $65 an hour on warranty and $70 an hour for regular work in Iowa City. That was due to the fact we had just raised the labor rate but we were still building up enough paid hours at the new rate to show Saab that our warranty rate was ok to be increased.

Hell, the Audi shop down the street from the Iowa City store LOVES warranty labor. They said their warranty labor is ~$140 and hour while their regular labor is only $110.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.