Saab Link Forums banner

Possible 9-5 Aero purchase: Need buying advice

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  9000Andrew 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero for $5000. I need some advice to decide whether to pull the trigger. Here's the details:

Black ext, black int
97,xxx
5spd
loaded
Visibility package meaning bi-zenons, etc
Park assist
rear spoiler
no body or interior damage
clear title, no accidents
Runs great, no codes, etc
Good service history
Two owners

I just got a 9-3 that I'm viggenizing (details in the 9-3 forum) and this car came along unexpectedly. While I love the looks of the new 9-3 and am happy with it, $5000 may be a deal that is too good to pass up. The owner is just looking for a little more than what he's being offered for trade in and I absolutely smile when I think about the stock 250hp 258tq (270 something tq under overboost) the 9-5 would provide. What do you guys think? I could probably sell my 9-3 after the fact and break even, but would it be worth it. I loved the 9000 aero I previously had and I think a 9-5 would be somewhat similar to that.

See less See more
#5 ·
The selling point for me is the power...the 9-3se is actually ALOT faster than I would have ever expected, so I can't imagine what the 9-5 aero is like. And at the price, it's about 1500 off of typical private party asking and about 2,500-4,000 off retail.

#15 ·
The consensus talked me into it. The Aero is a full go. I should be picking her up next weekend if everything goes right. I can't wait to lay into those 250 horses.

With another car comes new problems though, lol.....since I can't have two cars, I'll have to sell the 02 9-3 which I've had for a little over a month. Look for a new thread in the for sale section soon....Full viggen body kit minus skirts, new tires, red, 5spd, 30mpg, etc, getting new front struts and tuneup this week.

#20 ·
lol, it doesn't look like it has the front lip kit so that's probably numero uno. After that, probably exhaust and after that, who knows. I'd LOVE to put an 04 Aero bumper on it, but the 9-3 will really have to go before I can do anything at all to it though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.