Saab Link Forums banner

Fuel gauge problems.

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bluerotor 
#1 ·
So this has been going on and off for the last 3 months. I am sure the sending unit is shorting out. But at time the fuel gauge will go to R, gas light will come on, then go back to full or where it should be. I asked my dad to get me a new sending unit but it seems it only comes with a fuel pump Module. So what should I do. Get a unit from goldwing or something and transfer over the sending unit or just suck it up and spend the 375 for a new pump.

#7 ·
Fuel guage/quantity quantity errors

2002 Saab 9-5 Linear; would fill up with gas and would get low fuel light on startup or the fuel guage would alternate indicating some quantity of fuel and then go all the way to the bottom stop as if it had lost power. Saab tech told me baffles were broken loose but he'd put them back in place. Seemed to work for a while then the same problems again. Finally took it to different Saab place and they replaced fuel sender (not the pump or regulator) unit. Haven't had a problem since and now the fuel indicator needle seems to be at the correct positions when full or low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.