Saab Link Forums banner

9-5 sid problems

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jssaab 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There are places that you can send the SID to to have it fixed for about $70.
http://www.kramermicrorepair.com/sidrepair.html

Price seems fine to me, but I'm nowhere near you so pricing may be a bit different around here, car looks nice.

#4 · (Edited)
NO NO NO NO DO NOT SNED TO THIS GUY HE HAD MULTIPLE BBB COMPLAINTS AND HAS MANY COMPLIANTS ON OTHER BOARDS.

Just do a yahoo search and you will see his site then hundreds of postings on complaints and other boards...

BBA remanufacturing is the only place to go to 100 bucks lifetime warranty they are a big co with great reputation. This Kramer guy has sent bad units, ruined good ones etc.

#3 ·
The SID problems can easily be fixed. It should just be considered a fact of 9-5 ownership that they need to be repaired or replaced every 5 or so years. Just call it "the cost of owning a 9-5". If the heater bypass valve & the oil pressure switch have never been replaced, they are going to need it soon. Might be a point of negotiation if it's low on coolant or smells like burning oil when it sits idling. Both of those tend to look like they might be serious problems, but in reality are very easily and cheaply rectifiable. Also if the suspension is clunking (another negotiation point), on a 9-5 it's usually just the sway bar end links, which are about $70.

$3700 sounds like a fair deal for that car. It's not fantastic, pretty sure KBB on my 99 9-5 is a tad less than that, however if it's a clean well maintained car (which it looks like it is), it's probably worth far more than the "average" 99 9-5 to someone in the market for a nice one. The thing looks quite clean, and the wood accessory shift knob & Steering wheel would lead me to believe the original owner was probably an enthusiast, and they tend to take better care of their cars generally.

Also it being an SE, it would have the upgraded stereo with the rear mounted subwoofers (base models don't have that). Also the spoiler is a nice touch you pretty rarely see on 9-5's. If it's solid feeling, and runs strong I'd buy it.

#8 · (Edited)
Kramer does the double sided tape fix that has been around forever. Open one next time it comes back. Most times I liek the little guy ( Used to use Guy Sensac and hew was good)

Oh and BBA guarantees 100% Pixels I thin Kramer says 98%, not good enough for an anal guy like me

Not many is too many, I have sent about 12 to BBA ( prolly not as many as you none had to be returned.

For the money its not worth it when BBA does a real fix and is warranted forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.