Saab Link Forums banner

Front left outer tie rod replacement.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Harvey's Autohaus 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I was trying to replace my outer tie rod today but there was a slight bump along the way. I was able to get the tie rod partially off but then got to the point where I had to unscrew it from the inner tie rod. How exactly do you get that off. I tried holding the inner tie rod with a pliers and then turning the outer tie rod but that damn thing is hard. Do you guys have a tool that would make taking it off easier that would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
A wicked long (1/4" 3/8" 1/2" drive) socket wrench.

Since its got a wicked long "radial arm" you can apply a whole lot more torque to whatever bolt, nut to get it loosened.

#6 ·
Yeah I have never done this before so it's kind of a learning experience..hopefully i will be able to get back to it. I dont see how I would apply that really long wrench though. This is the tie rod that's in there right now there is no where on the tire rod to use that wrench on. The only thing i could use on there is a pliers because of space issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.