Saab Link Forums banner

Speedo Swap!

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SaabBlackMan 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever swapped out there Speedo, for one with the Turbo guage?.. I wanted to do that and found some one ebay but I am not sure if lets say an 03 would work on my 00 model. Plus I am also taking that there is a difference in mileage into account.

#2 ·
Just speculation but I don't believe you can go forward past -02. The clusters are quite different in coloring etc. You would need a 99 - 01 cluster out of an Aero to be on the safe side.

I know that, believe it or not, the t7 9-3 00-02 cluster is an option. They are identical otherwise afaik and they all had boost gauges.

#3 ·
Is there anything wrong with the Speedo in your car? I've never been overwhelmed with the stock boost gauge, it might be much simpler to just add an aftermarket gauge that will give you more information.

#7 ·
I'm pretty Sure That the Signal for The tacH it there Beause the I-BUS and P-Bus both Meet at the Cluster. I don't even think that car runs Without the Cluster installed. Installing the Tach Cluster then SPARE PART PROGRAMMING Tech2.. May be Required If it Doesn't Just work by its self anyway.

#13 ·
I dont have a 99 my year is a 2000. The Speedo i bought is from a 2000, that i why I thought it would work. now the messed up thing about it is that I had a couple bulbs that were out from the speedo and when i took it out more of the bulbs went so it's really annoying cause I can't see 0-100mph at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.