Saab Link Forums banner

Could this be love?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  k1llsh0rty 
#1 ·
So, I don't usually wax poetic about inanimate objects, but this one just struck a chord with me.

So, I've been driving a Toyota Camry for the past 3 months. The Aero and the 'Vert have been hibernating in the garage until the snow melts. I had to help a friend install some car audio, and we needed the garage. This meant taking the Aero out.

I haven't been in the Aero since late October. So I open the door and I'm immediately overwhelmed with the Saab smell. I've been in plenty of other cars (even those with leather) and none of which have the same wonderful odor. I sit down in the driver's seat and I immediately remember why I love these cars so much, the seat fits you like a glove. Saab seats are obscenely comfortable, they're firm yet soft, supportive yet forgiving.

My hand instinctively finds the ignition and I turn the key and the Aero roars to life with the familiar low rumble of a Saab turbo exhaust note. 3+ months of laying dormant and the car starts on the first crank. Next I grasp the gear shift and throw the car into reverse, and back it out on the street.

I spent six hours working on my friend's car and drive the Aero back into the garage. The total time spent with the Aero was 60 seconds, and it was enough to stir all these feelings within.

I had to run to the store just now so I hopped into the Camry. Immediately I sighed after I realized I was no longer sitting in Aero seats but rather hard, flat Japanese seats. I tried shoving the key into the center console, and when it came time to roll the windows down, I fumbled for 30 seconds between the seats before I realized that the controls are on the door. Its amazing what 60 seconds in an Aero will do to you.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I started the car, put it in neutral to let it idle for 30 seconds, then put it back in reverse.

haha. thanks... There actually wasn't much chopping other than making the grass green and bringing up the color levels, it was a stellar photo to start with.

#6 ·
Same here, I've been driving my volvo 850 through out the winter, and dont get me wrong, it is a pretty nice car, but driving my 9000 for the first time since the engine rebuild 6 months ago, it is very exciting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.