Saab Link Forums banner

Metal ID

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr. D 
#1 ·
Im currently running the GS 3' Dp and 2.5 BSR cat back exhaust and its not nearly loud enough. My question is what type of metal is the BSR exhaust. I want to order some pipe to delete the Resanator but not sure what type of metal to order so it matches the rest of the exhaust for welding. Will Aluminized steel weld up to 304 stainless no prob.
This is what i had planned on ordering.
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=95_96&products_id=1265
Any input would be stella:cool:
More Cow Bell!

#4 ·
Extra noise doesn't make the car faster

I have a MP downpipe & JT catback ( all 3 inch).
The drone was horible as it had no center resonator originally. Both loud and boringly annoying. I cut out the cente section & welded in a ahem JC whitney 24 inch cherry bomb stainless resonator. It cut the annoying noise down but not the power.. didn't change at all. keep your center muffler & spend the money elsewhere in your car.

#6 ·
i spent atleast a grand on an after market exhuast that only sounds louder when idling, i know its not going to make it go faster by removing the mid pipe but should make it sound more agressive than stock. Again can anyone recomend me a place to buy tubing that will weld good with the BSR exhuast?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.