Saab Link Forums banner

'01 vs '02 aero question

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Castor Troy 
#1 ·
So I have had my '01 aero wagon for a whil enow, and it's been a great car.

I just picked up an '02 aero sedan (yesterday) as my daily, and noticed that the guages are a bit different.

The big thing I noticed though, was when I let off the boost in the '01, the factory boost guage instantly drops (like it can almost predict it), but in the '02 it hesitates for like a tenth of a second.

I can hear the boost being let off, and things seem to be fine... but I am wondering if it's a quirk of the '02+ cars and if anyone else has noticed this.

It's almost like it feels like a heavier flywheel. Maybe that's it... anyone know?

I might swap diverter valves, and see if it matters. I took the one out of the '02 and tested it (it looked fine), so I put it back in.

#2 ·
Its just the gauge. Mine seems a little slow to react to the boost leaving the system as well. As long as it runs fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Its not technically a "true" boost gauge anyways, just an airmass request gauge.

You will like the 02, with the stiffer front hubs the car handles much better with a little less flop in the corners. Also, the gauges being different is very nice, I find it much easier on the eyes at night. And the seats cant be beat. ...basically what I am saying is that I really like the facelift 9-5's ;)

#5 ·
Its just the gauge. Mine seems a little slow to react to the boost leaving the system as well. As long as it runs fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Its not technically a "true" boost gauge anyways, just an airmass request gauge.

You will like the 02, with the stiffer front hubs the car handles much better with a little less flop in the corners. Also, the gauges being different is very nice, I find it much easier on the eyes at night. And the seats cant be beat. ...basically what I am saying is that I really like the facelift 9-5's ;)
Nice.

You are the one person who would know, as you have had both pre and post facelifted cars.

Thanks for that.

I actually like the seats *gasp* better than my viggen seats.

They have similar bolsters, but don't have that weird layered bottom section.

#8 ·
and keep in mind, on a T7 car the boost gauge doesnt really mean anything. it can be programmed to say whatever you want it to say. as long as it drives the same, which you didnt report any differences in feel, don't worry about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.