Saab Link Forums banner

Fisher?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Fame 
#1 ·
I was looking at my moms 9-5 insurance card and i noticed that next to the year make and model it said 00 saab 9-5/Fisher now i know that in 00 there was a gary fisher edition 9-5 wagon released, the 9-5 we have is a sedan, eco power lpt motor, what does the fisher mean? it surly cant be a gary fisher edition, i checked KBB, i selected 00 sedan 9-5, it gives me an option for gary fisher edition, there is an $800 difference with that option, im just curious to find out why it says fisher, if its an issue with the insurance meaning they selected the wrong model i would like to get that sorted

#2 ·
I was looking at my moms 9-5 insurance card and i noticed that next to the year make and model it said 00 saab 9-5/Fisher now i know that in 00 there was a gary fisher edition 9-5 wagon released, the 9-5 we have is a sedan, eco power lpt motor, what does the fisher mean? it surly cant be a gary fisher edition, i checked KBB, i selected 00 sedan 9-5, it gives me an option for gary fisher edition, there is an $800 difference with that option, im just curious to find out why it says fisher, if its an issue with the insurance meaning they selected the wrong model i would like to get that sorted
surely if your mom's 9-5 is not a gary fisher edition, but your insurance is more expensive because they say it is, i would assume you would be a surly Imran.

#5 ·
FWIW, Nationwide also used to classify my 2000 Saab 9-3 (base) as a 9-3/SE.

I told them repeatedly that it wasn't an SE, and that an SE had 20 more hp or whatever. But they indicated that the only option was either 9-3/SE or Viggen for that body style.

I wouldn't worry about it.

#8 ·
At least they know it's a 9-5. I cannot tell you how hard it was to get insurance for my 99. They kept wanting to put it down as a 1999 9-3. When I finally got them to realize what it was, it wasn't an option. They had the Saab 98 as an option, but not the 99. WTF?

#11 ·
File a claim. Someone ripped off your Gary Fisher options and replaced them with base model stock.

#12 ·
I've done some messing around with various limited edition VINs on CarFax and Autocheck (this, by the way, is how I know they get surly with those "unlimited" accounts) and there are a series of 1993 VINs that come up as c900 Commemorative Editions for no particular reason and appear not to have been assigned. TurboCon86 clued me into this.

Strange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.