Saab Link Forums banner

SID removal

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SPG-GASM 
#1 ·
I have a friend with dead pixels on the SID. He says the Hayne manual talk about a code that has to be entered when reinstalling the SID. Is this true & if so how does he find the code before removing the unit?I don't Know enough about 9-5 to advice him. Thanks, Roy

#2 ·
Well there is not code perasay to "unlock" the sid from the car but.....Each SID is married to each car. If a SID is not paired to a car, it has to be divorced from the old car, and married to the new car using a TECH II

If you simply take out your friends SID, and put the same one back in, you will not have to marry or divorce anything.

#6 ·
I think the SID is married to the Radio. I have taken SID's and moved them around, but I had an aftermarket Radio, so it didn't matter. If I still had the stock radio, the radio would have to be divorced from one and married to the other.
AFAIK

I know the radio's are married to something, so I am assuming it's the SID. I have had a radio divorced so I could sell it.

This was in a 9-3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.