Saab Link Forums banner

just bought 9-5, need to solve check engine light problem

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NahumCC 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm to to Saabs and to this site. A few of my friends who are Saabers easily persuaded me from my Civic to my new 2002 9-5 aero. The dealership unfortunately cleared the check engine light so it did not exist during test drives. Later after driving it home and cruising around the light came on. I plugged in that diagnostic thing that spits out a code and searched some forums. People were saying it could either be one of two things.

1) The IAT or Intake Air Temperature
-this was the more common one
2) The BPC or Boost Pressure Control Valve
-this was more of a last resort as far as my understanding

Now here's my problem, I don't even know where to begin to look for these things. I checked eEuroparts, but didn't really know where to look and couldn't find much of anything. So I was curious as to if you guys could help me decide which one of these I would need, if not both, and where I should purchase them from. Thanks a bunch

#2 ·
Before you start throwing parts at the problem, what were the codes that you pulled? If you can post them, either I or one of the many resourceful folks on here can look it up in the factory manual to see what it might mean. Saab tends to use a different definition set than most manufacturers for their error codes.

And welcome to Saablink!

#5 ·
Welcome to the link. Also with Eeuroparts you have to fill in the drop box navigation so that their system can sort the database and then you select a category of parts to look through. Its a great site with parts diagrams too to help you find the right part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.