Saab Link Forums banner

cam seal/valve seal

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Saaboy 
#1 ·
ive replaced my valve cover gasket, but still have a leak right here

so what is the procedure on fixing this leak, just using a sealant of some sort? also, has anyone actually done the front crank seal themselves? i have the seal sitting in my garage, just need to know what size socket it is to get the pulley off.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I believe the front crank pulley is 27 mm

And it is torqued to 130 ft-lbs so its on there good. You will probably need an impact wrench to get it off.

See this how-to here. It covers engine assembly OUT of the car but the parts that pertain to the front main seal will still apply to you with the engine in the car.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060704.Saab_B204_B234_Engine_Assembly/

I know on the 9-5 the crank pulley and seal behind it is readily accessible through the wheel well with the splash gaurds removed/pulled back. I'm not sure about the 9-3 (for anybody else that may be wondering)

Tboy

#7 ·
I wondered about that, I thought the PO had done the pcv 6 update, but I found out that all he did was replace vent hose 91-86-875. So in your opinion nick I should do the #6 update as well as run an engine flush through and drop the pan to clean the pickup screen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.