Saab Link Forums banner

MTF Advice

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NickTurbo900 
#1 ·
Alright, time to tap the brain trust here... My Aero's transmission is in dire need of a flush and I realize that being a 2003 model, it came from the factory with the MTF0063 factory fill (Texa$!!).

In the owner's manual, it says that in the event of a massive fluid loss that Dextron III Synthetic ATF can be used in its place, but only as a temporary measure to get from Point A to Point B (B for the surprise buttsex waiting when the dealer says you need $1k worth of service).

MTF0063 does bear an uncanny resemblance to synthetic ATF and I wonder if anyone else here has ascertained if 0063 is just an aftersales dept. markup exercise or not.

Thanks

#4 ·
Whats the price savings of the 0063mtf vs. the atf? I know that the 0063 has good results, and if you purchase outside of the dealer can be had a little cheaper.

Plus with the 0063, it'll probably be the last time you do this, at least you can think of it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.