Saab Link Forums banner

Sorry guys...I'm a trader!

4K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  AutoXer01 
#1 ·
I got rid of my Saab. I was having too many problems with it and was costing me a fortune to fix it! Ever since i hit 100k everything started going downhill. I was nothing but nice to that car and it was treating me like shit! I bought the car with 91K on it and traded it in at 106K. With only putting 15K on it, i put over 3 grand into fixing it and i paid 11 for the car. Out of all the cars i have had (which is only 4) the saab spent the most time on the back of a tow truck! It sucks to see it go, but i'm happy with my new daily driver. I found my car on craigslist. Here it is....http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ctd/876246507.html

Sorry guys, don't hate me!

#12 · (Edited)
I feel bad whoever buys that car. Brakes and rotors need to be done in about 10K or so and the transmission is acting up again! When i say again, i had the trans. worked on back in may because 2nd gear was grinding. Now there's gear whine in 3rd and 4th and under heavy boost 5th gear grinds. More $$$ in the future with this car!

#17 ·
these cars arent glued together to the highest standard of quality to start. then they were bought with the intention of beating on them senselessly. by owners with limited budgets. squeaks and rattles can be rythmic with such a fine formula.

but compared to the OP saab? the TA will be a welcome improvement.

#19 ·
I'll get the pics up soon. Yeah, it's a 6 spd manual. Black exterior, black leather interior, T-tops. 51K on it. The thing is loud as hell. I love these cars! Turns a lot of heads! I've only had it for 5 days now and i'm getting challenged constantly. I haven't open up the car yet. I still have to get use to it, but i'm definitely not going to beat on it. That's not my thing. I just like to enjoy the ride and enjoy the fact that i have 325 hp! :cool:

#29 ·
Sorry you had suck bad luck Mike. I think I'm due for ANOTHER $2k in repairs and mods to my Viggen. However, I drive my 98 TA here and there and it's great but no Saab. Sure I have the potential to go MUCH faster for cheaper but it's just a cookie cutter F-body the cops are always going to be looking for. The seating arrangement and rear end whine is killing me. . . . .. . .BTW did I see you were in MA? LETS RACE !!!! :p

#36 ·
I've had my 2000 Aero for exactly two years last week. In that time I've put 9,000 miles on it (129,117) and dropped well over $3k into it.
Admittedly, it must have been abused before I got it, but it's sucking up money like a US government. Looks like I need a throttle body now(?) and my long love affair with Saab is definitely over. I'm stuck with this bastard now, but I'll not be buying another. After I switched from BMW in 1989 I never thought I'd go back, but if I ever have the money again, it's back to the Bavarians for me. Saab have become far too quirky and GM greedy for my taste:mad:

#37 ·
^ All of that is true, but if you bought a 2000+ BMW with 120k+ do you think it would just need oil changes and brakes pads in 2 years of ownership? It could surpass the $3000 you spent on the Aero easy. Or it could have been bulletproof, who knows, its a gamble with any older used Euro car.

You want to hear about bad?

My old roomie Yuri, he bought this Jag XK8 with 94k miles two years ago.

The car was great the first year. Besides the wheels and tires he sunk nearly $20k in the last year. The trans replacement was $12k parts and labor at the dealer, all kinds of electronics needed to be replaced, timing belt-guides, the list goes on and on.

Aside from a few examples of Japanese cars, I would not look to any Euro mark car to be cheap to maintain past 120k. The only time that pans out is when you buy the car and the guy before you replaced EVERYTHING first.

That is why you see XK8's for $8k on ebay and Yuri is asking $13k for his. You can buy the one for $8k but from what he explained there is a good chance its going to need a new trans and or thousands in work in a hurry.

#39 ·
^ All of that is true, but if you bought a 2000+ BMW with 120k+ do you think it would just need oil changes and brakes pads in 2 years of ownership? It could surpass the $3000 you spent on the Aero easy. Or it could have been bulletproof, who knows, its a gamble with any older used Euro car.

Aside from a few examples of Japanese cars, I would not look to any Euro mark car to be cheap to maintain past 120k. The only time that pans out is when you buy the car and the guy before you replaced EVERYTHING first.
These are exactly my points.

If you want appliance like maintenance stick to the Asian market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.