Saab Link Forums banner

wheres the cabin air filter in a 9-5?

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  mr__grieves 
#1 ·
yeah so ive seen two tutorials on where the cabin air is supposedly located. hopefully you guys can clear up which one is right though. is it located via the passenger side where you like take out the glove box and all that stuff.

or is it located near the firewall. under that like black plastic lining thing that the wiper are attached too?

thanks.

#6 ·
yeah and real quick about the crank vent kit #6, i just want to make sure that if i buy this i will not have to worry about oil sludge building up in my engine?!!! i will of course get synthetic oil changes every 3000 or so miles! i just want to make sure theirs nothing else i have to replace. i just got my saab not to long ago and im not trying to have her die on me already.

#7 ·
I wouldn't say you will be guaranteed to not get sludge, but you are definitely a lot better off with the PCV update.

If you are even more worried, its a good idea to pull off the valve cover and see if you can see any particles of cooked oil in there and that it generally looks 'clean'. If you see anything suspicious in there, then dropping the oil pan and cleaning it and the oil pickup screen would be high on my list of shit to take care of.

#10 ·
ohhh, okay will do. thanks. on GS though theirs the letter D where you can purchase something. then in the picture theirs nothing labeled as D. do you know what it is? i mean its only like 6 bucks so i might just buy it to be on the safe side. haha

#15 · (Edited)
No problem. I was pretty confused by the whole thing at first too. Once you have everything there in front of you its a whole lot easier than it seems.

Also, disregard the second link I initially posted. I forgot that tutorial was for the old fix, not the current one. Damn doing things twice. The first link still has all the relevant info, and pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.