Saab Link Forums banner

Just got Back from Mechanic!!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SaabBlackMan 
#1 · (Edited)
So according to him. there is No fuel Leak, Apparently he said that I mikey mouse my car (put so much mod on there) so he can't really do anything about the gas mileage. So I guess it's up to me to solve that issue. My plan over the next couple weeks are as followed(MAF, All O2 Sensors) I just ordered colder plugs for my stage 3 so that should be arriving pretty soon. Suspension and transmission flush. I get the feeling that if I ever by some chance have to go to the mechanic they are all gonna give me the same shit about the Mods on my car. For the guys in MA is there any place I could take my car to that actually Believes in Car Mods??

#7 ·
For the guys in MA is there any place I could take my car to that actually Believes in Car Mods??
come to our dealership, 3 of our techs have modded saabs and would have no issue working on your car. come in and ask for Fred or Kam to work on your car and talk to them directly and tell them your situation! this is not something to mess around with when you have sooo much fuel disappearing!

Casey

p.s. its Saab of Norwood right of the Neponset Rotary!

#9 ·
that's the way the Saab tech i have is like. i told him i wanted to switch it so that i could have just the parking lights on with the fog lights while the car was running and he said he wouldn't do it because if i were to ever get in trouble :rolleyes: with the settings being like that they could get traced back to him and he'd loose his job.

then he told me about people coming to him and asking about things that people have done on Saabnet and shooting telling them about that Saabs are fast already and you shouldn't do anything to make them faster.

mind you he's a co-worker of mine!

#11 ·
Quick suggestion...

Get a stock ECU back on there and change out the O2 sensors as a preventative measure, but this sounds more like a leak...

If the guy just checked the pressure at the rail, he could have missed a leak on the return side.

As a precaution, I'd also change the oil immediately. If it really was rich, then that much gas wouldn't burn completely, so you'd likely have some cylinder washing and residual gas in the oil.

You'll probably need/want to visually check the catalytic converter. If you were actually running that rich, then the cat would take a huge hit. The crackling sound might be the flaking and cracking of the toasted ceramic matrix. Have the shop remove the cat and shake it. If you were actually running crazy rich, it would eventually start to sound like a box of corn flakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.