Saab Link Forums banner

E85 Conversion?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tboy 
#1 ·
what are your thoughts on converting a car to use E85, mainly a Saab. i'm seeing more and more people switching to E85 and i also have a friend that is considering going to E85 with his SRT-4. but i've heard that E85 can eat through rubber lines over time, but is this true?

i know that Nordic has the ecu swap for it and with me having a Stg 2 ecu already it would only be a 10hp 10ft/lb upgrade. yes i already know that i would need the bigger injectors, the MPG would suffer but the E85 is cheaper and it is really abundant where i live.

#2 ·
Do it, I am getting it. The cars are msde for it ( all TCS cars at least) so no need to wprry about the corrosives.

The main diferenceis the E85 will fell no diference in performance in the heat. The tunes can also adjust for any quantity of gas or E85 up to complete tanks of either. There are maps in the Nordic software for both.

Give Nick a call and ask, sounds like these tunes are the best thing since sliced bread....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.