Saab Link Forums banner

LED blinker problem unsolved

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  k1llsh0rty 
#1 ·
quite a while ago i bought the LED switchback bulbs http://autolumination.com/switchback.html and if none of you can remember here is a video of them on my car...
[/URL][/IMG]

...now as you can see the bulb blinks faster because the LEDS take up less power, and the system thinks a bulb is out. i then found that you can't just change out a fuse because the blinker system is controlled by the computer. well i finally asked the Saab tech at work today and he told me that you can't reflash the ECU to compensate for this. i then thought about putting in a resistor, but i don't think i want to mess with cutting wires and plus what would i do if i put in a regular bulb later?

looks like i'm stuck with an annoying fast blinker.:( unless someone else has any ideas:D

See less See more
#2 ·
I think i've seen LED bulbs with resisters built in.

I've always wanted to replace all my exterior lights (sans headlights/foglights) with LEDs, but then I ran into an issue. In the winter, when i'm driving in snow, my rear end gets a thick layer of snow built up on it, and the regular incandescent bulbs give off enough heat to keep my rear tail/brake lights clear of snow.

How is the light output in comparison to the regular bulbs?

#4 ·
you have to wire up the 50 ohm resistors for them to work properly. i did with a different led bulb and it works just as it should. although i wish i had the switchbacks. i like the way they lite clear when not blinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.