Saab Link Forums banner

DO WANT! 9-5 Aero wagon - white (do want do want do want)

3K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  PaulH 
#1 ·
Jen and I have been "looking" at cars recently - because what does a couple with 5 cars need? Another car, duh. She gets her RN soon, and that will help with finances and stuff, so we're entertaining the idea that we might pick up a different car, and get rid of one of the 9000s (or hide it somewhere).

Found this. Love it.

Do want $17,000

She found this. Also has a good amount of do want to it. $16,000

See less See more
#9 ·
Running 9-5's aren't worth the $14,500 premium over non-running 9-5's. :star:

Seriously though what a dream car right there ! Cool seats!

The cubby is replaced with a sirius / XM kit

No comment on the focus... Go buy a speed3 and laugh all the way to the bank (and track)

Ask me how I feel about my first statement in 2 weeks :)

#13 ·
I love the while, and the volvo looks sick but get a R.

#19 · (Edited)
The CF dash and two-tone seats are part of the "technology package" Only the third time I've seen it... well, actually, I see one everyday in my car. They are pretty rare, I guess. Love the white, love the spoiler.

Mileage?

#24 ·

Wait until you're ready to buy before you look around.

Otherwise you're just torturing yourself.
I am 100% aware of this, and normally discourage it. I just did a simple search for 9-5 Aero Wagon for less than $20,000 and came up with that gem. Makes me sad to know we will not get it.

As an aside, does Jen not like the 9-3? It seems like a fine car to me.

EDIT - duh, she gets the new one, you get the 9-3, and stop driving the 9000 Aero as your DD.
I have not been driving the Aero on a daily basis since last November. The SPG is more comfortable for the drive I make every day.

#28 ·
Given that the car is at Luther Westside, the price will steadily come down.

Katie bought her (linear) 9-5 with the same mileage for $12k.

I like the Aero and all but I don't see it commanding that high of a price, if you set Katie's as a bench mark.

Luther regularly dumps the price on their cars. They just had an Aero wagon three months ago for 15k. But it started at 17k, the month prior to that.

The weird thing is...Luther will not haggle...at all. Ever.

#33 ·
Hey as long as it's the 5 speed auto I got nothing but good things to say! I've spent some time behind the wheel of certain '04 Arc 5 speed auto and was impressed, to say the least...

Honestly JK, when you guys are ready you should be able to find what you want... You've got a small Army of SAAB professionals to keep an eye out for ya and another car to drive around in til you find the 'one'. Worked for Tweek!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.