Saab Link Forums banner

Foglight replacement

944 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dasaabguy 
#1 · (Edited)
ok guys i replaced my drivers side foglight that had a broken bracket. The fogs and my blinkers worked fine prior to removal. Note the 2nd bulbs in the foglights were removed because i didnt want thefoglight blinking.

anyhow i swapped the old one out with the new foglight, the foglights work as normal however my blinkers no longer work. I hit the lever and get nothing, no blinker sound, not blinker indicator on the dash....nothing.

do you think its a short somewhere? do you think my blinker lever finally failed?

i put the 2nd bulbs back in the foglights to see if that was causing a short somehow but still nothing.
i checked the DICE indicators fuse and its fine.

the blinkers work when the alarm is set and when the hazard button is pressed

Anyone had this problem?

#3 ·
i checked all the fuses that pertain to lights....i havent gone through the entire fuse box yet though!

what boggles me is that the blinkers work with the hazard lights and with alarm chirps.

so im guessing that rules out the flasher or fuse unless the fuse is different from the hazard light switch and the blinker lever?

i even tried unplugging both foglights to see if the blinker would work again and nothing.

im starting to think its the blinker lever switch thats gone bad!!

#6 ·
problem solved.....after a fellow socal saaber with a 9-5 let me swap out his blinker lever and 10.1 fuse in the engine bay my blinkers still did not work.

I then looked through just about every fuse again.....pulled out the #33 and it was burnt on the bottom corner not on the arch. New 7.5 amp fuse and my blinkers are working again, cheap fix!

Thanks again for letting my swap out your blinker lever and fuse Gabe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.