Saab Link Forums banner

'01 9-5 aero, is this a good deal with 104k miles?

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  alexofc69 
#1 ·
#10 ·
The OP car is not a terrible deal. And remember, stock for stock, the automatic is a better transmission.

Maybe not more fun, but usually more durable at near stock power levels. Once main reason, a lot of really abuse manual transmissions. Its hard to know if the previous owner of a car would do stuff like pulling the car out of gear without the clutch in, or putting it in gear without the clutch in for that matter too.

Its hard to f-up a auto with normal driving.

#11 ·
Its hard to know if the previous owner of a car would do stuff like pulling the car out of gear without the clutch in
If you rev match and give it the slightest hint of a pull on the shifter it comes out of gear without hesitation... no clutch needed. I've done this on my NG for years. I'm scared to ask why its bad... and doubt I could break the habit anyways...

Why is it bad?

#26 ·
yea i need to do the pcv update and do the headbolts so it will stop leaking oil. as well as fixing the power steering leak someplace. and flushing the tranny and flushing the radiator and doing all the motor mounts and tranny mount and that should be it.

oh and the wheel bearings up front. ones making noise so i might as well do both. AND doing brakes on all 4 corners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.