Saab Link Forums banner

my car is worth...

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  ChevyCorvette541 
#1 ·
...a whoppping $2,861

This is from the edmunds calculator. A 9-5 SE auto with 170,000 miles.

It's not even worth selling lol. I was hoping to get a more sporty saab, but that'll have to wait till after graduation.

#5 · (Edited)
Okay, so edmunds said my aero was worth $9,700. Nada says $10,425, and Blue Book $14,430 (all accounted for my mileage). I think I like the blue book :D

EDIT:
btw, blue book has a HOT photo up, though i'd share

#13 ·
It will turn out great, don't worry. If they total you'll buy it back for pennies on your dollar. You'll be getting reimbursed and you can start the fun part all over again!

But yes, you have my sympathy, but give the system time to run its course, you're protected with insurance and it being the other's fault.

#15 ·
At least I can take some comfort in the fact that Saab's last so long. For a 9-year old car it still feels pretty good. Compression test came back a month ago and was just about perfect. With the exception with a few dash lights, everything electric works. Try that with a Ford.

#21 ·
Let me correct myself. NADA is the most accurate for cars 10 years old or less. Cars that are in the midst of their main depreciation cycles. I have always found NADA pricing to be more in line with what is being paid on the street for retail and private sale than KBB for newer cars. For older used cars KBB isn't a bad guide. And yeah, fair representation of condition is tough.

#26 ·
There's also a ton of confusion around "Retail Value" aka, what the dealer sells it for on the lot. "Private Party Value" aka, what average joe would pay you, and then "Dealer Trade In" aka, how Lendo get's his 9-5 for half of what it's worth Private Party.

Most n00bs will argue the price of their car on Retail Value, and try to use this terrible tactic to talk up the value of said vehicle.

#27 ·
If a customer comes into our store with quotes from KBB I use the same to price my car. I usually go with NADA otherwize. NADA is updated with a truer market value as dealers are selected to send in questionares every month with what they actually sold certian cars for the previous month. It seems to me tobe a more realistic pricing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.