Saab Link Forums banner

ABS ECU and TechII

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  8valvegrowl 
#1 ·
So I'm slowly trying to whittle away my 9-5's brake issues...I've fixed the wheel speed sensor housings, cleaned the 29-tooth wheels on each front axle, cleaned the sensors, and installed a used TCS/ABS ECU into my car. I still get the ABS, Central Warning Light, and TCS Off lights on my dash. Speedo works fine. I measured the resistance of each front sensor, both were in spec. Then my wife spun the wheels with the car in N, Front LH sensor read 1V, Front RH sensor read 0.5V for approximately the same wheel speed (Measured with a Fluke 87 True RMS meter, so it should be pretty accurate with small AC signals). So I've ordered a new wheel sensor to try out.

Does the ABS ECU need to be married to the bus? My original ABS computer died, and I sent it to BBA for a reman, it worked fine for about 3 months then died again. They couldn't fix it. Then my wheel bearings went bad and I think it screwed up the wheel sensor. I picked up the used ABS/TCS module on eBay at the same time.

Anyone have experience swapping ABS ECU's?

I'm loathe to go to the dealer, but if I need Tech II help I may be forced to.

#2 ·
I can't really help you out here but if you got a BBA unit just keep sending it back in till you get one that works right. They give a lifetime warranty and will replace with a working unit. No need to buy another unit.

As to your sensor issue I have no idea.

#3 ·
Actually, I tried that...I was under that impression too, but apparently these units are hard to come by. I sent it (my original) back for a second repair....they claimed it was unrepairable. They spent 1 month looking for another core to rebuild and ship to me, but that never happened, so I called them up again and told them to refund my money...so I went out and bought this used one.

I'm pretty leery of using them any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.