Saab Link Forums banner

9-5 based on 9000

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Castor Troy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My recollection is that the 9-5 was a clean sheet redesign on a then-modern platform, and the carry over (if any) from the 9000 was the motor - which itself was substantially revised although it is an evolution of the H motor family.

#8 ·
i have a 9000, dad has a 9-5. While the layout is pretty similar, the 9000 definitely has the nicer interior. Seat leather, dashboard materials, e-brake placement/console area. The 9-5 has much more plastic which feels like it will snap or scratch if it is not treated well.

The 9-5 does have better headlight an windshield washer stocks though. They feel more substantial and have a positive engagement. It also has an armrest an the chilled glove box if keeping sodas cold in the summer is your thing.

#10 ·
My dad drives a 9-5 with a wood interior and I love the look. My 9k has a wood interior and it looks just as nice as the 9-5. I feel like the 9-5 is more welcoming though... just my opinion...

But in this context, it was meant as the same in terms of parts which I did not think was true.
Very true, their different part numbers, but I wonder how everything would look if we had a 9-5 and 9k interior sitting next to each other. That might be interesting to see.

#13 ·
I like the guy, so I wouldn't say retarded :)

Just the way he said I am funny for suggesting they didn't share any real physical parts indicated that he knew a lot more about it than I. I just wanted to make sure I got my facts straight and wasn't talking out of my arse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.