Saab Link Forums banner

Question, before i purchase these rims....

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  NahumCC 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Well i'm taking a risk. I just got the rims today. They are absolutely beautiful!! Worth every penny. Now i'm just waiting for the tires to come. Should be at my house next week. I'm praying they'll fit on my 9-5. I called my local Saab dealership and they said they're sure everything will be fine. He did say that he's not sure if they'll fit with my stock brakes. He said he's 95% sure i'll have no problems, but there is still a chance it might not work. We'll see. I'll keep you guys updated.

#11 ·
16's blow. Sorry for the absolute honesty.

I hate going to the snow setup on 16's. Even when i when from 16's and summer tires to 17's and summers, the handling difference is pretty huge. You are also going to go from 7" in with to 7.5-8" in width which is perfect.

Nahum, do yourself a favor and forget about the 16's and get some 17's. There is a perfect deal on them somewhere, and you just have to find them.
My rk2's were 400 with new tires and freshly straightened. Granted they had a little bit of rash on them, I cleaned them right up ;)

#12 · (Edited)
16 is fine for me right now. I am just wanting something that looks better than the viking rims. The reason the 16 bbs caught my eye was because its the RK style and if I remember correctly they aren't heavy when compared with the RKII. That and 16" rubber is cheaper than 17" and since my rear can eat through a set in 3 months thats a major consideration. Before it gets said rotating my tires makes no difference other than I'd have to buy 4 tires every 3 months instead of 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.