Saab Link Forums banner

Saab 9-5 Intermitten Hesitating - Help

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ChevyCorvette541 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a used 1999 Saab 9-5. At 2000 RPMs, it occasionally hesitates before accelerating. This is very intermittent but very annoying. The car is currently in the shop but my mechanic can't figure out what's wrong. The check engine light does not come on and apparently there are no diagnostic codes showing. He would like to try to duplicate the problem while the car is on the rack.
Update, the mechanic thinks it might be the throttle body. He had his mechanic drive the car home last night and it only did it two times. HELP!

#7 ·
I havent' had the car long enough to know the MPG. I thought it was amazing on the highway but hasn't been so great in the city. Mechanic recommends not fixing it but the intermittent surge is driving me crazy. I just bought the car and would like it running good before I begin bonding.

#9 · (Edited)
Definitely Throttle body, simple install replace fix with simple tools. It was my First DIY fix for teh saab and the fisrt time I got my tools out to fix a car in about 10 years...

Do it , there is a DIY primer here... compliments of the man himself DIP...

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20041006.Saab_9-5_throttle_body/

ANd don't forget the O ring and seal...

Oh and BBA Remanufacturing seels rebuilt units for 200, but for something that tlast 100K it might be worth getting a new one ( they used to be 200 new)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.