Saab Link Forums banner

Which year 9-5?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  chriscam84 
#1 ·
Thinking of retiring my Volvo 850 winter car and replacing with a 9-5. I have been focused on my 9-3, can anyone provide some guidance on which year 9-5 and model would be my best bet? I typically look for a car in the 3-4 years old range...

Thanks,

#3 ·
2002 or 2003 would be my recommendation.

These have a number of upgrades over the 99-01 models, but before the GM bean counters starting taking features out to save money (map pockets, weatherband radio, etc - nothing major, but still).

If you're looking for an automatic, 02+ has a five-speed auto, an upgrade over the previous four-speed auto.

Supposedly 2004 does not have the sludge issues, but an early model with the latest PCV update should be fine (assuming it checks out first).

#7 ·
I think he just said 3 to 4 years old and will look at what priced those cars come with. The 02-03 modle areo have those awesome seats, HIDs rain sensing and park assist ( if it has teh touring package)

I jsut picked up a mint 03, Touring 76K miles for 11,200...

#9 ·
I got a 2000 because I didn't want ESP or onstar and didn't like the look of the 02-03 facelift cars. I figured that the deficits of the 00's compared to the 02-03 aeros were much easier to take care of myself than getting rid of stability control and that goofy antenna.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.