Saab Link Forums banner

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow !

3K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Blkout 
#1 ·
I put on the Winter tires today.

It's funny, going from firm 17" summer performance tires (BFG KDW2's) to 16" snows (Goodyear UltraGrip GW3's). The winter tires are quieter and the ride is much nicer.

The main street by my house is where potholes go to die, so I really notice the difference between small harsh bumps and small soft bumps.

The winter tires seem to have lower rolling resistance, too (215 v. 225, duh). But the winter tires don't have the nice crisp off-center feel for the summer tires.

It's an interesting experience driving a fast car with soft, quiet tires. I kind of like it, although I won't be taking the interstate clover leafs as fast as before.

#5 ·
I've been rolling on 185/65 Blizzaks on 15x5.5" steelies on my Aero all week...yeah its just a bit scary. Good thing its going into storage this weekend :-(
Why did you put on snow tires if you are going to store it?

Greg, you are officially an old man :-D

You like the cushy tires.
yeah, put me in that catagory too. I must be old!

Tboy

#22 ·
I had to put the winters on a few weeks ago a bit prematurely, as I got a nail in the 17's. It's soooo much nicer now. One of the Viggen 17's were bent, which caused a bad shake. The tires were loud and honestly not that great. Put on the 16" winters, it's so much quieter and silky smooth. Needless to say I'll be putting the bent 17's to rest and getting something else before summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.