F35 transmission disassembly: How-to video! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

F35 transmission disassembly: How-to video!

Some of you may know me as an active forum member a few years back, I kind of got out of the SAAB game a few years ago and got into some other stuff. Currently looking for a suitable Saab again... Maybe something sweet, like my full b234 (even head) blue monster Viggen!

Besides the point. I have been trying to put together some instructional videos, and I thought why not do some of the random Saab things I have learned over the years . Feel free to critizice, I am open to improvements and am sure there is a lot to be learned and improved upon for my video, audio and editing lack of skills! Hahaha. Hope you guys enjoy and find this half entertaining, cheers!

Last edited by 93viggen; 06-03-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Did not embed coreectly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2017, 04:37 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Well, I have no need to disassemble a trans right now, but I see this as hugely beneficial! I hope you talk about the innards some as you go. I've watched 3 min so far and will come back and watch the rest when I have time.

So far good enough to watch even when I don't have any reason to!!

I'll give more feedback later. Might want to explain what the blue paint is. Did you just put that on to make it easy for the camera to see?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
Well, I have no need to disassemble a trans right now, but I see this as hugely beneficial! I hope you talk about the innards some as you go. I've watched 3 min so far and will come back and watch the rest when I have time.

So far good enough to watch even when I don't have any reason to!!

I'll give more feedback later. Might want to explain what the blue paint is. Did you just put that on to make it easy for the camera to see?
I do talk about the internals a little bit, but plan to do more videos in the future to provide more insight to everything, this is purely an instructional video on disassembly to where the case halves are empty . Then later I will show how to dismantle the input shaft, the gearsets on the output shaft, etc.

This transmission was sent to me from a junkyard, I am assuming that they are the ones who painted things blue, I did not do that hahaha.

Thank you for the feedback!

Old 06-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

Here is the assembly of the input shaft. (I also have a disassembly video of it, but used my iPhone, I will need to re-film it eventually).

Have not had much interest at all for these videos, so I am contemplating stopping..

Old 06-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #5
Drew In Houston
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93viggen View Post

Have not had much interest at all for these videos, so I am contemplating stopping..
Don't stop! I think it's awesome, I'm totally interested. Also, hope you're doing well. Do you have any Saab projects going lately?

It looks like you're using the Saturn/Cobalt GM set. Have you ever ran across anyone with the Saab version? Like this:

I still have that Cobalt case with the totally stuck 5th gear that stopped me from taking it apart. I ended up just putting it aside and moving on to other things, but it would be nice to eventually be able to take it apart. Going by the drawing, it looks like maybe the old Saab tool might be able to pull a little harder compared to using the saddles and the case to lift it..

Cleaning question: I guess you're taking the cases someplace to have them cleaned, do you know what kind of machine they're using? Since you're in CA I'd guess it's a non-solvent based setup, works pretty well?

Last edited by Trionic3000; 06-17-2017 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I don't think it is so much lack of interest, but a dead forum. There is only a few of us that hang out here anymore.

Perhaps post on saabcentral as well?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #7
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Not sure how much interest you're looking for. But I've watched them and think they are great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.