Saab Link Forums banner

Carlisle 2017

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SS929k 
#1 ·
So I'm hear at work working on this slow day and I realized that I have not seen any information on Carlisle. I had searched the events thread for a bit and I have not seen much information on this years event at all.

My question is, has the Cen Penn Saab Club sent out or opened any registration yet for 2017?

I had gone last year and the vibe literally changed since they looped that into the Performance and Import show.

#8 ·
There wasn't much difference at all with the combining of the 2 shows. As mentioned camping was a bit more crowded. My group usually gets there sometime on Thursday and didn't have any problem grabbing a good camp site/mini compound.

#9 ·
To the group that I went with, the camping area was definitely joke and that is because the coordinators and the help do not do a good job directing people and prepping.

My group had camped all the way in the back area because there was room but the caged off that area so we had to go through a full maze just to run to the bathroom after destroying 30 racks of beer (our fault on that).

There were some obnoxious people but those individuals came and left on Saturday because it did sprinkle a little and it was "cold" but it was fun. If they go back to 2012-2013 where the volunteers were not so "best of the best of the best, SIR...with honors" we will be fine.

I typically go because I like to show support for the Saab community and I like to see new and innovative things that people make for their Saabs. I do miss that guy who made the coil-overs for his classic 9000.

So lets get back on topic. Last year was good car wise and weather could have been a little better but what do you expect when your camping at an outdoor event (Suck it up). Field staff could have prepared better especially since there were merges of 2 shows (Therefore camping space should have been expanded). They could have also not been "Parking Nazi" Pretty sure Volvo's showed Saab's who was boss in terms of numbers and they had pretty well modded cars. VW was up there in numbers and that worries me because Saab was usually the winner in terms of numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.