Carlisle 2017 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events

Events This forum is for any events thats TSL members should know about. This is left open for all members.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Carlisle 2017

So I'm hear at work working on this slow day and I realized that I have not seen any information on Carlisle. I had searched the events thread for a bit and I have not seen much information on this years event at all.

My question is, has the Cen Penn Saab Club sent out or opened any registration yet for 2017?

I had gone last year and the vibe literally changed since they looped that into the Performance and Import show.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Elder

Not open yet.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #3

Alright good to know.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
Elder

oh yeah. I forgot they combined the two shows.

How did that go over?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post

How did that go over?
I had heard enough where it killed it for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
Elder

I was excited to go this year, then I remembered about the whole merging of the two shows. I think we'll probably do something else that weekend.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post

How did that go over?
Honestly I didn't notice a difference aside from more people and less space in the camping area. Get there early and claim your space if camping. Other than that I really just live at the Saab area so I didn't notice a change. lol
for your repair needs
Old 03-15-2017, 04:38 AM   #8
Elder

There wasn't much difference at all with the combining of the 2 shows. As mentioned camping was a bit more crowded. My group usually gets there sometime on Thursday and didn't have any problem grabbing a good camp site/mini compound.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadenais View Post
There wasn't much difference at all with the combining of the 2 shows. As mentioned camping was a bit more crowded. My group usually gets there sometime on Thursday and didn't have any problem grabbing a good camp site/mini compound.
To the group that I went with, the camping area was definitely joke and that is because the coordinators and the help do not do a good job directing people and prepping.

My group had camped all the way in the back area because there was room but the caged off that area so we had to go through a full maze just to run to the bathroom after destroying 30 racks of beer (our fault on that).

There were some obnoxious people but those individuals came and left on Saturday because it did sprinkle a little and it was "cold" but it was fun. If they go back to 2012-2013 where the volunteers were not so "best of the best of the best, SIR...with honors" we will be fine.

I typically go because I like to show support for the Saab community and I like to see new and innovative things that people make for their Saabs. I do miss that guy who made the coil-overs for his classic 9000.

So lets get back on topic. Last year was good car wise and weather could have been a little better but what do you expect when your camping at an outdoor event (Suck it up). Field staff could have prepared better especially since there were merges of 2 shows (Therefore camping space should have been expanded). They could have also not been "Parking Nazi" Pretty sure Volvo's showed Saab's who was boss in terms of numbers and they had pretty well modded cars. VW was up there in numbers and that worries me because Saab was usually the winner in terms of numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.