Aero side skirts not aligning up correctly - with pictures! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Customizing Your Saab 9000

Customizing Your Saab 9000 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Elder

Aero side skirts not aligning up correctly - with pictures!

Well, i finally took some pictures of how the aero side skirts sit on my CSE.... The rubber on the underside of the door hits the panel and the doors dont close correctly. Here are some pictures of how they are. Anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Yep....def not right. I can tell you that the Aero doesn't have those rubber flaps on the bottoms of the doors, so you'll need to take those off. Instead there are small drains on the bottom of the door with rubber plugs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
Elder

Ahhhh, that's the info I was looking for. Thanks Mcrowley. Some do you or anybody else have pictures of how there aero side skirts look?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Elder

These are the best I can do now...the car is in storage for the winter.

I also just noticed that you look like you still have the cs/cse fender flares/arches. The Aero ones are a bit longer and fit down flush with the side skirt and bumper.

Last edited by mcrowley; 12-27-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Elder

the cs/cse style ones line up perfect too. They aren't matched up in the pictures because the rubber flaps pushed the skirts down... The aero ones are different i know, but it looks good, I just can't get them to align up because of the rubber flaps....
I was looking for a pic from like inside the door (on the underside) to see what it looks like with the drainage plugs you said. I'm going to try to take them off tomorrow and see whats under...

Old 12-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
Elder

The drain plug I was referring to is on the bottom of the door, on the ouside of the car. The skirts should be high enough so that you can barely fit a chamois or towel between them and the door.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:54 AM   #7
Elder

looks like you need some aero doors

Old 12-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
Elder

Can someone with a 9k aero take a picture of how the undersides of their doors look. Thanks

Old 12-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Location: Boston, but really Somerville. It takes me 4 minutes to get to Boston and 7 to 10 to get to Logan
Dunno if this will help as its not as close up...

Old 12-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #10
Elder

Yes, it does. Looks like the rubber flaps are just not there. I'm going to take them off tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. BTW, nice sig!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #11
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
Yep....def not right. I can tell you that the Aero doesn't have those rubber flaps on the bottoms of the doors, so you'll need to take those off. Instead there are small drains on the bottom of the door with rubber plugs.
This was the first thing I saw too!

And, as silveraeroguy's pictures show, you just need to tear off that stupid rubber flap. The only thing that flap does is trap dirt and make it tough for aero skirts to line-up. The later 9000s did not have those at all I think....at least the 1995 CSE I saw at work today didn't have them.

Tear those dumb rust-makers off and you'll be good to go!

Oh, and reallign that side skirt too then you're car will look super-bitchin'!

edit: any c900 owners out there...you have a flap like that too, tear it off to help save your doors from rust!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
Elder

HAHA.. yea, the rubber flaps pushed the skirts down, thats why they werent aligned. Ill try it tomorrow and hopefully itll work out... might take some pictures too...

Old 12-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #13
Elder

I'm pretty sure the doors are exactly the same, so you may need to find some sort of rubber grommet for the drain in the bottom. The ones in my doors had disintegrated from the car sitting in a garage for ~10 years.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
i bet that rubber is to help keep air from coming in. I can feel cold coming from down there in my car now. Didnt notice it so much with the stock seats but i sit so low in my car now that i can feel it.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #15
Elder

I used metal roof flashing tape on mine to replace the rubber grommet...with a small hole for ventilation.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #16
Elder

I got them in.....
Mcrowley, do you have a link or something for the roof flashing tape, or can i just buy it at homedepot...

Old 12-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Pics!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab93cse View Post
I got them in.....
Mcrowley, do you have a link or something for the roof flashing tape, or can i just buy it at homedepot...
Home depot or some place like that should have it. Its a bit on the expensive side though because its essentially a roll of thin metal with sticky stuff on one side.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #19
Elder

Thanks... last question, what size did you get??
Pics coming in a little bit.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #20
Elder

PICS:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.