93 CDE starts, then stalls right away, help? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Car Problems? Saab 9000 Only

Car Problems? Saab 9000 Only If you're experiencing problems with your Saab 9000 post your questions in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

93 CDE starts, then stalls right away, help?

As said after it cranks for a couple of seconds it will start and then die. The car was sitting for a few years with about half a tank of gas in it(very nasty) I took the fuel pump out, pumped all the old gas out of the tank. Popped it back in, put in fresh 93 octane, and some fuel line treatment. Still no start, does the same thing. Fires up for a total of 2-3 seconds then dies. I'm gonna swap the fuel filter tomorrow, and try a different DI but I'm still pretty stumped here. Anyone have a idea what may be causing this? I checked out the fuel pump and i know it works. Spark plugs all look good. So idk I could use some help with this one. Hoping its just a really bad fuel filter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Any idea why it was parked? Did you get any service history?

Obviously, you got to go through everything. Clean TB and AIC, replace vacuum lines, new NGK plugs, swap in a known good DIC.

If theres no improvement at that point, If it were mine, I'd be thinking about CPS.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black (Twins!)
Also Caring for: '02 9-3 SE, '91 9000T, '97 9000CSE, '98 9000CSE, '99 9-5, '00 9-5

Last edited by dantinne; 11-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #3

History on the car was her late husband who was in the army for 35 years brought it back from his last station, in Germany. She said he drove it for about 6k around there and didn't want to have to buy a different one when he got home so had it shipped. He got cancer in late '05, she at the time had two other cars and was more comfortable doing all the driving in them. So the car sat in their garage till about '09 when he died. She got the car out intendind to give it to his sister, she didn't want it and she wanted to use the garage for her Explorer. So it has been sitting under a tree since then. I picked it up for 400 bucks. I got a free carfax from work cause I though her story was a little fishy and it was a legit one owner imported to the USA to a Army base in Arizona, where they lived orignally. Then they moved to VA. The car fax lined up with her story so I was pretty convinced. Got down there, when we where getting the title and owners manual sorted out she went into the garage and gave me a box that had the European gauge cluster, manual, etc... Pretty damn cool to be honest. Not a whole lot of service records, just a few for tires, tranny flush, timing chain replacement at 70K, radiator replacement, oil changes. Overall it didn't have to hard of a life. The interior was pretty well ruined from sitting so long closed up but the body is rust free.

Anyways I cleaned the TB and AIC, checked all the vacuum lines, pulled the spark plugs(all NGKs, seemed decent but might change em tomorrow with a spare set I have, DI I didn't have time to check cause my green 9000 is in the body shop for the next few days, damn hunters scaring deer out onto the road. An I'm gonna sound stupid but what is a CPS?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #4

I think I narrowed down the issue.

Okay so I end up putting this car on the back burner way longer than I should have.... but I've finally had some time and pretty much got it narrowed down to injector issues. The injectors themselves I believe are good. If I remove one of the plugs off one of them, and use a test light and manually ground it the injectors will fire a shot of gas, I did that a few time and then tried starting it and it actually sputtered into life for a few moments. Anyone ever have a electrical issue of this sort. I also noticed on the air flow sensor I have what I think is the ground wire, the only black one is shorted out and fried. I've traced it up into the firewall area but lost it from there. Does anyone know where I can find some wiring diagrams. Didn't know if this could be a reason why my car won't fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.