Saab Link Forums banner

Turbo Guage Stuck in Center

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nicat 
#1 ·
On my 1997 Saab 9000 CSE Auto the Turb/APC Guage is stuck in the center, I notice that it does move up when accelerating, but even when the car is off it stays at the center and never goes below that. Is this a problem with the guage? Or is it a problem with the Turbo? I don't get as good mileage as I expected, I am averaging about 21 mpg with most of it being Freeway Driving.

Does anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
Vac leak? It's a simple mechanical gauge that has a hose connected to a nipple in the dash behind the clock. I wouldnt think it would break...
If your vac lines are getting old, just spend $10-12 at the local auto store and replace 'em all. In the long run, you will spend a lot less time scratching your head about why it's running funky later on.
The hardest one I found was connecting the line to the firewall nipple on the motor side. You should be able to replace the interior side by popping out the clock and AC unit and feeling your way around.
Just remember to do 1 at a time so you don't mix where the lines go.

#4 ·
It just pops out. Something thin and pry it out a lil at a time tiil you can grab it and slide it out. After that, you can push the AC control out from the back. I would do all the engine lines first and see if that fixes it before getting into the dash though.
I haven't personally replaced the line that goes into the gauge itself yet so I'm not sure how easy it is to get to that connection and don't want you to all of a sudden have to take the dash off for no reason.

#5 ·
Taking the top of the dash isn't to difficult if you find you have to do it. there's a bolt up by the instrument cluster. Leave that one out once you get it out. hah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.