bleeding the clutch on the viggen - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 94-98 and 9-3 99-02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
TSLMember

bleeding the clutch on the viggen

hi everyone i went to bleed the clutch on my viggen and the peddle wont come up now can i get some help ill appriciate it thanks and happy holidays.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Sounds like you need to keep bleeding...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
TSLMember

i bled it for an hour and half and still nothing dont know wats up.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Grab the pedal by hand, pump the hell out of it, top off fluid, open bleeder (pedal up), walk away for 10 min, close bleeder. Repeat as needed. Best success I ever had with a ng, 9-3, 9-5 was gravity bleed
Old 12-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
TSLMember

i tryed that and no go
Old 12-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

really these cars are very hard to bleed without a vacumme or pressure bleeder. if you have air into the slave now im pretty sure you are screwed because that really needs to be bench blead is my understanding. when i installed my clutch it was bench bleed the slave, install trans and vac bleed a couple times and presto.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

or your booster/slave may be screwing up, not anywhat sure on that without more info?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
I use a screwdriver and lever the slave cylinder a few times. It will force the air out of the open bleeder valve.

'02 540i 6MT
USMC '02-'06
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Take a piece of wood and a clamp and use them to keep your clutch pedal pressed down overnight. That will let the air work its way out of the line. I've done that twice and it worked perfectly both times. The last time I bled my clutch, I was lucky enough to get a reverse pressure bleeder. That got the clutch working on the first try in about 5 minutes. If anyone runs across a MityVac Hydraulic Injector System Shooter, buy it!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Makeyousaab
you really need to do this with a pressure bleeder.....it is just how they are made. Once air is in the system you are SOL.

if you are resourceful you will find another way to apply constant pressure to the brake fluid reservoir....I managed to use the plastic cap that seals a gas container, which i drilled a hole into, then put in a tire valve stem.

......good luck!

1999 9-3 Vert. STG = pretty fast
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #11
TSLMember

hi everyone thanks for all the info sorry for getting back asap but i applyed pressure on the resovoir and also was used a vacuum bleeder and still nothing then i removed the panel by the padles and noticed some fluid coming out of the master cylinder. thanks again everyone.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #12
SAAB Road Master

That's not good! RockAuto's the cheapest place to get a new master cylinder. It comes in a Dorman box, but it's made by the same German company that makes the original.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:15 AM   #13
TSLMember

thanks jeremy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.