more c900 electrical problems - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum > Car Problems? Classic 900 Only

Car Problems? Classic 900 Only If you're experiencing problems with your Classic 900, post your question in here.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mySaab900
Angry more c900 electrical problems

You guys all know I love these cars, but the electrical problems that I always have with my c900 lights are insane!!!

Only sometimes: if you put the right blinker on it will flash with the right tail light too, and if you have the brakes on too the flash is slower and the back up light flashes instead of the directional.

Also sometimes, when you step on the brakes with the headlights on, the right turn signal will come on and stay on with the brake lights. And with the head lights off the turn signals will function normally......sometimes.

Also sometimes, the left signal will stay on if you have had it on turning a corner. It will stay on steady and will only go off if you put the stalk in the left directional position again, put on the hazards, and step on the breaks at the same time.

My cars electrics for the lights are SO screwed up. Yes, I have done the grounding of the wire to the left ear circuit panel.

'91 Saab c900 N/A (RIP)
'03 Saab 9-3 2.0t Arc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Elder

Replace all the bulbs, clean all connections, check for shorts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Elder

You've got a bad ground. There is a black wire that runs between the left and right taillights--that's the ground wire for the rear lights. Add a pigtail to that wire and ground it to the body someplace. Also pull the harness from the back of the left taillight and check the contacts for that ground wire. Sometimes you'll get melting there if the ground has been bad for a while.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #4

ground the right side too. The plug for those 4dr/vert tails can be problematic as well
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #5

I figured it was grounding issues.

I'll get out my soldering gun.

'91 Saab c900 N/A (RIP)
'03 Saab 9-3 2.0t Arc
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
TSLMember

You don't have a hitch on it do you? I have seen some crazy stuff come from a trailer harness that had been dragging on the ground and wires all crossed.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #7

Nope, no hitch on it. I think it's just a ground. I have yet to check it out. But I need to soon, the car is due up for an inspection this month.

'91 Saab c900 N/A (RIP)
'03 Saab 9-3 2.0t Arc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.