CODES # 1312,1334?? Lill Help? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 98-09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
SAABeginner

CODES # 1312,1334?? Lill Help?

OK went to a freinds house he had Diagnosis read out Error Code Number: 1312 & 1334. Then cleared it and here it is a few days later the cHeck engine lite is back up. I would like to get a second opinion and some feed back on the next steps and suggestions. Car is not acting up except for a little hesitaion on frist taking off (in the lower RPMs)?
thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Elder

P1312- Combustion Detection cyl 1+2. Open Circuit / Short to B+

P1334-Combustion Detection cyl 3+4. Open Circuit / Short to B+

Check the plugs, replace if you need to, it may be the DI, or the wiring from the DI to the ECU.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Forgot to mention ....

Its a 9-5 2004 turbo with 44,000 ITs seems alot of folks replace the DI cassette without thinking twice about it. Does this Part ever fall under the Manufactureres Warrenty? IS it safe to buy one off ebay or a slightly used one ? the new ones are going for about 250! E-bay has a new one for 180 (NW) and a used one with 10k for about 50? Neither come with a warrenty?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
SAABeginner

How can you isolate a faulty DI Cassette??

Can you tell the difference if its something else or the DI cassette for sure?
Withour replacing or swapping out for a good one?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Elder

You usually get multiple misfire code if its the DI sounds like plugs go so go cheaper first then more $$$

Yes the DI can be under warranty call a parts dept fo the dealer with the serial number.

250 is not so bad and it is warranted...
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Is it safe to buy one off ebay, yes, will it work, probably not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by biketrax View Post
Its a 9-5 2004 turbo with 44,000 ITs seems alot of folks replace the DI cassette without thinking twice about it. Does this Part ever fall under the Manufactureres Warrenty? IS it safe to buy one off ebay or a slightly used one ? the new ones are going for about 250! E-bay has a new one for 180 (NW) and a used one with 10k for about 50? Neither come with a warrenty?
You know, compared to the red DICs, $250 is a steal.

Even if it turns out to be the plugs, carry a new one in the car as a quick, dirty insurance policy. I can guarantee you that if you are broken down in West ButtFuck, Whereeviah, and your DI has failed, you are going to spend a lot more than $250 to get your car on the road again.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
SAABeginner

code 1312 and PO336/7

Hi all just looking for some confirmation before I buy a DIC. Had some minor hesistation with my 2001 95. Got a code 1312. Later in the week had it near stall and got PO336 and then a PO337. From all I read it looks like DIC, but does anyone have anything else it could be. My brother just changed the plugs before the stall episode. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
Elder

Yes he put in the worng plugs guaranteeed. For the saab Trionic you can only use the NGK BCPR6ES-11

And welcoem to the link, stop by new members and introduce yourself...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I have bought several of them off ebay and they have been fine for temp purpose...I usually ask what the Date of Manufacture is on the back of the DI...the newer ones seem to be better...mine is from an 05 and I have an 01...it has been flawless for 3 years...I also keep one with my spare tire as well...also make sure you use the correct plugs and always check the gap...these cars are super sensitive to plug gap error...and this happens more often than you think from the factory...

Last edited by cking1975; 10-17-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.