Saab Link Forums banner

is this mod the real deal or just bs ????

55K views 116 replies 37 participants last post by  Saab95Aero 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
What are the main differences you notice? It really doesn't go into detail about the benefits. Do you unplug the valve on the firewall? Also, you hook the boost gauge up to the bpv hose? I thought this was a no-no on T7.

No-no

http://www.saablink.net/forum/customizing-your-ng900-old-9-3/22071.htm

You CANNOT have a BlowOffValve on T-7 because T-7 "reads and needs" all the air that passes through the motor. If some of the leftover air goes out a BOV for the "PSSHT" noise T-7 will miss this. It's called "metered air". If there is too little "metered air", T-7 will freak out, and give you a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.
But Yes from Nick?

http://trolltuner.com/?p=219

NickT says:
30.11.09 at 12:49

Boost gauge must see manifold pressure/ vacuum to give you good data. T into the Bypass valve is the best idea.

You do not want to T into the MAP sensor or fuel regulator hoses. A failure of either of these signals will lead to engine damage at full boost.

On a t7 car there are rare times when you could see more pressure in front of the throttle. There is no vacuum on the intake pipe either. -N

#9 ·
You quoted the bov part.

The issue with T-7 and tapping the line to the BPV itself is that it will not read properly. There is a system that controls what the BPV sees, and you want to tap into the system that controls the BPV.
Thats what you would normally worry about, but that system is the solenoid your bypassing. Regardless, the system is a noise reducer to make the car more "civil" anyway so you can t off the bov line regardless anyway, you may just get weird delays/responses like I did.

Bypass the solenoid and you get a line straight off the manifold to both the gauge and valve so both react to real manifold pressure

#26 ·
I did this a few days ago and it defiantly feels more responsive getting on the gas/boost.

Paul,

1. Remove vac line from TB to Solenoid.
2. Remove vac line from Manifold to Solenoid.
3. Cap vac line connection on TB.
4. Move vac line from Bypass Valve to Manifold. (tap this line for boost gauge if u have 1)
5. Keep elec. plugged in on solenoid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.