To be clear, I HAD a CEL (Check-Engine Light) for a bad oxygen sensor, which I then replaced. Once the sensor was confirmed as working, I cleared the OBD2 fault codes, both logged and pending. THAT is what reset all my readiness monitors to "Not Ready" and caused my initial smog test failure, not the CEL. The smog guy wouldn't even test me with the CEL active, said it was a mandatory failure and I had to get that fixed first.
The smog guy was cool and gave me a discount on the re-test, told me beforehand that the vehicle would pass this time so I didn't have to risk another failure.
Last edited by tronbrain; 12-29-2010 at 12:58 PM.