Saab Link Forums banner

bleeding the clutch on the viggen

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  The Saab LB 
#1 ·
hi everyone i went to bleed the clutch on my viggen and the peddle wont come up now can i get some help ill appriciate it thanks and happy holidays.

#6 ·
really these cars are very hard to bleed without a vacumme or pressure bleeder. if you have air into the slave now im pretty sure you are screwed because that really needs to be bench blead is my understanding. when i installed my clutch it was bench bleed the slave, install trans and vac bleed a couple times and presto.

#8 ·
I use a screwdriver and lever the slave cylinder a few times. It will force the air out of the open bleeder valve.

#9 ·
Take a piece of wood and a clamp and use them to keep your clutch pedal pressed down overnight. That will let the air work its way out of the line. I've done that twice and it worked perfectly both times. The last time I bled my clutch, I was lucky enough to get a reverse pressure bleeder. That got the clutch working on the first try in about 5 minutes. If anyone runs across a MityVac Hydraulic Injector System Shooter, buy it!

#10 ·
you really need to do this with a pressure bleeder.....it is just how they are made. Once air is in the system you are SOL.

if you are resourceful you will find another way to apply constant pressure to the brake fluid reservoir....I managed to use the plastic cap that seals a gas container, which i drilled a hole into, then put in a tire valve stem.

......good luck!

#11 ·
hi everyone thanks for all the info sorry for getting back asap but i applyed pressure on the resovoir and also was used a vacuum bleeder and still nothing then i removed the panel by the padles and noticed some fluid coming out of the master cylinder. thanks again everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.